Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Something I miss...

Game demos
Back in the day, there always were game demos. It either was on demo discs for consoles, or you could download them from the internet.

Today? Not so much.
I'd like to think, that every major game studio knows this problem, but apparently they don't. You mostly get demos on consoles, but not on the PC. And even then no AAA titles. If I consider buying a game for my PC, I want to know, if it runs well. Your stupid requirements that are on the box or on the internet don't help me. So if the minimum requirement says, I can run it, it doesn't mean, it will run well on lowest settings, NOOO, it means it runs...not more. You can get the exe to start, but that's it. While not encouraging pirating games, that seems to be the only way to find out, if a game works on your computer, because there is no game demo, with which you can test it.

I just hope one day they will acknowledge this problem, but of course they won't, because they won't get the money from people, who bought the game to "test" it then.

Just my 2 cents, Alucard

2 comments:

  1. I got here from your youtube channel, i gotta say i like it alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, it's so true...

    ReplyDelete