Tuesday, December 27, 2011

100$ for a virtual car. Really EA? Really?


Source: http://asia.gamespot.com/news/ea-rolls-out-100-car-for-need-for-speed-world-6347632

This story's a little old, but it doesn't make it less ridiculous.
EA announced on 15th December the "Koenigsegg CCX Elite Edition", which will cost you 100$ to drive in the free racing MMO "Need For Speed World". Till 21st December there was a 25% discount, so it did cost 75$. Still something I wouldn't pay. I mean, I played World of Warcraft for 2 years or so, which cost me about 300€, but it wasn't just a car, but a huge world that evolved. This is just a car...that you don't physically own.

10 comments:

  1. I know of alot more other things I could use that money for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats crazy! But the most crazy online purchase I have ever heard of was in the game second life some guy dished out thousands of dollars to own some piece of land in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 for some ingame things, no way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah that's just ridiculous. No way the average consumer buys that, of course they probably profit from it from just a few people buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To others their own, I always say, though I do agree with your comparison between this investment and an investment in WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, it's almost worse than buying things for second life...

    ReplyDelete