Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Details on the new South Park RPG by Obsidian

Source: http://www.gamersmint.com/first-south-park-the-game-details-emerge

Finally, there are some new details about the new South Park game. I'm really looking forward to this, because I always liked the show. Here are some details that stand out to me:
- The first game Parker and Stone have directly participated in, writing the script and the dialogue.
- The player’s character will be fully customizable.
- There are five classes, which are wizard, paladin, adventurer, rogue, and a fifth unannounced class.
- The player will play as the new kid in town, the main theme of the game is fitting in and being accepted.
- Combat system is like Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi games.
- They talk about how they have had to scrap level because the perspective wasn’t right because everything is hand illustrated and hand animated.

I think this will turn out good, because Obsidian is making it and Matt and Trey have a Creative role in the process. Time will tell I guess.

5 comments:

  1. OBsidian is good in making rpgs.
    Lets see what they can do with South Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this could be pretty good. I love rpg's and I love south park so I bet a south park rpg will kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow nice, I remember that old game they brought out like 5 years ago, with cartman on a trike or something, that was quite fun but a South Park RPG? Sounds sweet, cant wait to get my hand on when they bring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wizard Kenny... I bet he would still die at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete