Friday, February 24, 2012

I've been tagged!

So there's this thing for bloggers apparently, where you answer 11 questions about yourself and then send 11 other people 11 questions and so on. I don't like the idea of chainmails, so I won't tag other people, but I'll still answer the questions. So here you go:

The Rules
Rule #1: Put the rules on your blog
Rule #2: Every person tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the one that tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.
Rule #3: Let the people whom you tagged know you've done so.
Rule #4: Don't tag anyone who's been tagged before
Rule #5: Really do tag 11 others, don't go all "if you want to take this tag".
 
Questions

1.  What... is your name?
Tobias, or rather "Toby" for you english speaking fellas.
2.  What... is your quest?
To write the best blog in the world! Nah, just kidding. I guess my quest is to live a happy life, with a good job and a family. If I have done that, my quest is completed.
3.  What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Because I'm so smart, I can tell you it's exactly 11 meters per second for an European Swallow...yeah, I just looked that up...
4.  Why are manhole covers round?
So you can roll them away, after lifting them off.
5.  Before you stand two identical guards, guarding two identical doors.  One of the doors goes to heaven, and one of the doors leads to hell.  One of the guards always tells the truth, and one of the guards always lies.  Both guards know which door is which, and each guard is fully aware of the other.  You want to pass through the door that leads to heaven.  You may only ask one of the guards a single question.  What question do you ask?
I'd ask one of the guards "What will the other one of the guards say, if I asked him, where this door leads to?". The opposite of what the guard I asked said, is the truth.
6.  Chunky or smooth peanut butter?
I don't eat peanut butter at all, so none.
7.  You have eight balls of the same size.  Seven of the balls weigh exactly the same, and one of them weighs slightly more.  How do you find which ball is the heavier one using a balance and only two weighings?
First you weigh three balls against three other balls. If they weigh the same, one of the two not weighed balls must be heavier, then just weigh them. If at the first weighing, one side is heavier, take two of those balls and weigh them against each other. If the weigh the same, the third ball is the heavier one, otherwise one of the two is.
8.  Your house is on fire and you only have time to bring one item out with you.  What do you grab and why?
That would propably be my laptop I'm writing on right now, if people are excluded.
9.  If you cook, what's your best dish?  If not, what's your favorite food?
The only thing I can cook are pancakes and they are damn awesome!
10.  How was your day today?
Writing alot of blogposts in advance (just like this one) and playing some video games. Could be worse.
11.  A cat is placed in a sealed box with a piece of radioactive material and a vial of poison gas.  The radioactive material has exactly a 50/50 chance of decaying after 1 minute.  If the radioactive material decays, the poison gas will be released and kill the cat.  After 1.5 minutes, what is the state of the cat?
Ha, I know Schroedinger's cat, so the answer would be both or none, because we can't say to a 100%, in which state the cat is in.

3 comments: